- See this song as an example of perfect formatting
- Use proper English grammar and spelling, e.g. "you", not "u"
- Capitalise the first letter of each line
- No need to end each line with a fullstop or comma
- Don’t accentuate/elongate words to add timing, e.g. “I don't know why”, not "I don't know whyyyyyyyyyy"
- Section lyrics by [Verse 1], [Chorus], [Bridge] ensuring use of square brackets
- If a featured artist is involved, declare each artist's part within the Verse/Chorus section like so: [Verse 1: Wale], [Chorus: Lady Gaga]
- If possible, separate lyrics with a double line return every 4 bars
- Quote the artist if it relates to something they said in interviews, the news or on Twitter
- Are these lyrics typical of the artist's personality?
- Are these lyrics relevant to the time it was released?
- Do these lyrics have a double meaning?
- Are these lyrics referencing another artist/song?